Writing a Non-Fiction
A non-fiction text is a text all about a ‘real’ topic.
1. Have a look at some example text below – what do you notice? What is the same in all the examples?
2. Can you find all the key features on the checklist in one or two of the examples?
3. Have a go at some of the SPaG skills.
4. Have a go at researching your own topic. You can use the planning template to help record everything you find out. This can be
about anything that interests you. What would you like to tell our class all about?
5. Use the checklist and different example text to help having a go at writing your own.
6. Have you used all the key features from the checklist? How can you improve your writing.
SPaG - Apostrophes