What does your child learn at school each day?
Find information about our curriculum subjects here.
Our aim is for every child to be 'caring, sharing and learning together' and we value celebrating success in school life to enable our children to become life long learners and responsible citizens in society. Our vision and values translate into a creative, child-centered curriculum, which is broad and balanced to meet the needs of all children at every stage in their learning. Our lessons are carefully designed to meet the needs of all learners through differentiated challenges, bronze (basic learning), silver (advanced learning) and gold (deeper learning). To encourage independence and ownership of their learning, our children are encouraged to choose their own learning challenge, at other times the class teacher facilitates the learning. Our curriculum is ambitious to challenge the more able learners through greater depth teaching. An ambitious curriculum which is also designed to give all learners, particularly the most disadvantaged or SEND children the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Our curriculum is a framework for setting out the aims of our programme of education including;
- The knowledge and understanding to be gained at each stage (intent)
- Translating that framework over time into a structure, narrative and with subject specifc pedagogy (implementation)
- Evaluating what knowledge and understanding children have gained against expectations (impact)
Influences on curriculum thinking
- Chris Quigley: The Essentials Curriculum
- Blooms taxonomy - higher order thinking skills
- Shirley Clark's formative assessment
- Sweller - cognitive load theory
- Kirschner - problem based and inquiry learning
- Rosenshine's Principles of Instruction (2012)
- Blooms Taxonomy: higher level questioning
If you wish to contact a member of staff to find out more about our school curriculum, please contact the school office by telephone - 01753 866272 or email the school: email@example.com
Curriculum Intent Statement
King's Court School Curriculum Overview
UNDER CONSTRUCTIONS - COMING SOON!
Team Magic Curriculum Maps - 2021/2022
Team Believe Curriculum Maps - 2021/2022
Team Inspire Curriculum Maps - 2021/2022