The main findings show that Concept Cartoons are:
- highly motivating across all age ranges and with learners of different levels of understanding
- effective at both revealing and challenging learners’ ideas, and linking together the process of elicitation and restructuring ideas
- effective in integrating learning and assessment into a single strategy
- viewed as very easy to manage in the classroom and potentially offering a valuable strategy for differentiation
- powerful for generating pupil talk, helping them to co-construct arguments and contextualising science learning opportunities.