Art - Engage Project
Children's Art Week is run by Engage - the National Association for Gallery Education.
Children's Art Week 2020 will take place across 3 weeks from 29th June to 19th July. Activities will take place online, at home and in schools. Each week has a different theme:
- Week 1 - The Natural World
- Week 2 - Connecting across generations
- Week 3 - Literacy and creative writing
What activities take place during Children's Art Week?
In 2020 there is a focus on art activities that can be accessed online. This could be a live-streamed session with an artist, digital challenges, virtual tours of galleries and more. Participants are encouraged to share any of their creations online and with others. The activities that take place are also often linked to the Scottish, Welsh and English curriculum for Art. All events and activities are free or low cost to participate in.
How can I get involved in Children's Art Week?
- These fun Art Challenge Cards for KS2
- These Warm Up Drawing Exercises to inspire KS1
- This beautifully illustrated Children's Art Week Banner
- This lovely Children's Art Week Write Up Worksheet to enable children to evaluate how they have taken part and what they have learnt.