In support of 'Screen Free Friday', we are going to look at how we can combine healthy, physical activities with Maths. For today's lesson, you will need...
- A timer (A phone will do)
- A wide, open space.
- Some squared paper (found below)
After gathering the resources, I'd like you to see how many of these activities you can do in one minute...
- How many push ups can you do in one minute?
- How many sit ups can you do in one minute?
- How many star jumps can you do in one minute?
- How many hops can you do in one minute?
Once you have completed all of these (It is good to attempt at least 4 different ones to show some different results and numbers) can you record your information in one of the following...
Bronze: A Tally Chart
Silver: A Bar Chart
Gold: A Bar Chart (as above) but as an extra challenge, can you write down 3 facts that you have found out from looking at your chart? (For example, the highest amount is....)